Completely updated 2018 edition of the book that provides the core material needed to pass the General Pediatric Certifying exam. It has undergone a complete update in accordance and consistent with the content specifications provided by the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The 2018 edition includes revisions in treatment protocols and diagnostic criteria. It is also a user-friendly reference and excellent guide for residents taking the inservice exam during training or as an adjunct in preparing for rotations. All Content and format completely updated.
The 2018 includes new chapters on Ethical Considerations for the Pediatrician as well as Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, which have been added to the content specifications. You will learn how to:
- Spot the buzz words in the questions that reveal the correct answers.
- Use Mnemonics that work
- Use proven strategies that make study and review time more efficient
- Implement the successful exam preparation strategies that have worked for thousands of Board candidates.
- Our 6th Edition offers our acclaimed feature: Clinical Case Scenarios.
- The clinical case scenarios helps you understand how you can be diverted away from the correct answer and even fall prey because you know too much. This can often be the difference between passing and failing the exam.
Within our 2018 Edition, we will help you identify the:
- Case Study: Here we will present you with the case study or summarize how they might present a given vignette
- The Diversion: Here we explain how you might be diverted from the correct answer. The diversion can come in many forms.
- The Answer Revealed: Here we reveal the correct answer and show you how the correct answer can be deduced by carefully teasing out the important information and filtering out the diversionary material.
- With more Anatomical Illustrations and a new Treatment Icon to facilitate your review, the 6th Edition of Laughing Your Way to Passing the Pediatric Boards is a must have for your Pediatric Certification review.
The 6th edition contains our critically acclaimed margin icons that include:
- Definition- This points to a definition
- Perils- This alerts you to possible big mistakes and traps that can be laid down for you on the exam
- Mnemonic Device- This indicated a mnemonic that will help you memorize difficult but important information
- Hot tip- "This draws attention to a "Board Pearl," to help you on potential trouble areas in the exam
- Myth- This signifies a popularly held myth that isn't true. This is a classic trap laid by Board Examiners
- Buzz Words- This describes buzzwords or key phrases that are typical for a given disorder. By learning this, you will often be able to recognize the answer in the wording of the question itself.
- Down to two choices- This points out minute differences between similar disorders, which are critical to answering many questions correctly.
- Take home message- Important take home points to remember.
- Treatment- This points to specific treatments for a given diagnosis or disorder.
Memorizing to remember is often not enough.
Learning so it is impossible to forget will let you pass this important exam. This book shows you how.